The ALP has long been the key political force creating better futures for Australia. Open Labor is a non-aligned group working with both ALP Independents and factional members to grow our membership based party through a commitment to a more open, democratic and optimistic politics. It’s time.
Open Labor thanks Jenny Macklin and Steve Bracks for their important work, we welcome party monitor John Thwaites, and we congratulate the Interim Governance Committee on their appointment. They have a critical task, and we look forward to engaging with them.
There will be a new seven-member Branch Consultative Committee to provide advice and policy direction to the Interim Governance Committee as the party transitions to one branch per state seat. The committee will last about a year. Open Labor will keep advocating for increased representation, democracy and transparency in the Victorian Labor Party.
1. Macklin and Bracks Final Administrators’ Report.
2. Approved Draft Victorian Labor rule changes.
3. Eric Dearricott The current state of Victorian ALP reform.
4. Eric Dearricott The Macklin-Bracks reforms to Victorian Labor explained.
5. Jenny Macklin and Steve Bracks Final update to the membership on VIC labor reform.
And for an up to the minute guide and who’s who in the federal ALP factions follow the link to James Massola’s SMH article.